PublicistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 943600BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Mar. 09, 2022
The Publicist is responsible for helping to plan, execute and manage all aspects of film publicity campaigns. The Publicist will be reporting to the Director, National Publicity.
- Help oversee the planning and implementation of press days, premiere press lines, and press conferences.
- Cover talent in various capacities such as at press days and junkets, premieres, screening Q&As, interviews and award shows.
- Work interdepartmentally to ensure film campaign goals are achieved.
- Work closely with the Director and the digital team on partnerships and publicity.
- Create and maintain various schedules, calendars, status reports and publicity memos.
- Develop and maintain close and communicative relationships with assigned press, executives, talent and reps.
- Manage assigned below the line talent.
- Work closely with other Searchlight departments including Photo/EPK, Digital, Events, National Promotions, Production, etc.
- Liaise with outside specialty/targeted consultants, vendors, partners, as needed per project
- Participate in brainstorming meetings.
- Will focus on Searchlight streaming releases on Hulu in addition to theatrical titles.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Publicity role at a motion picture studio, agency or publicity firm required.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities at once, and organize/prioritize workload effectively.
- Demonstrated LA-based entertainment press and talent rep relationships.
- Awards campaign experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive in starting projects, asking questions and taking on departmental projects/tasks as needed.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be very organized and detail oriented.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including overtime during the week and on weekends, when necessary.
- Adept at social media tools and trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field preferred.
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call Searchlight Pictures.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.