Publicity Assistant, ABC Entertainment CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 886847BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
The successful candidate will possess and exhibit a positive attitude and professionalism, and be a team player who is able to work collaboratively and efficiently. This position will support multiple work streams, requiring exceptional organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail, and the ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines.
The Publicity Assistant contributes to the overall success of the department by being a smart, outgoing and confident representative of the team capable of seeking out information and delivering results in a timely manner.
- Coordinate staff meetings and team events
- Answer phone calls and messages
- Track expenses and complete expense reports
- Maintain calendars and schedules
- Take and distribute meeting notes
- Assist video and photo producers with pre- and post-production tasks associated with publicity shoots, including logging EPK material and captioning photos
- Serve as production assistant on publicity shoots, as needed
- Send internal tune-in emails
- Capture and distribute on-air talent appearances
- Maintain online and hard-copy publication subscriptions
- Order office supplies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to grow and foster internal and external work relationships; work collaboratively with outside partners and vendors, and work comfortably with outside production teams
- Demonstrated effective presentation abilities
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of both working within a team environment and independently
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed
- Ad hoc departmental assignments, as needed
- Related work experience in the television industry in communications and/or publicity
- Experience successfully performing administrative tasks to support executives
- Experience working with publicity photo and/or video producers, including on set
- Desire to have meaningful and rewarding career in the publicity and/or visual communications field
- Creative spirit capable of contributing fresh, innovative ideas and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, visual communications, marketing or journalism
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.