Publicity AssistantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 854925BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Sep. 02, 2021
Searchlight Pictures seeks a Publicity Assistant for the Domestic Publicity department. Position provides support to a Publicist, Director and a Senior Vice President of National Publicity. The Publicity Assistant is responsible for helping to plan, execute and manage all aspects of film publicity campaigns.
- Arrange all travel (cars, flights, hotels) and grooming/styling needs for talent & filmmakers in the team’s films.
- Arrange all press screenings and special event screenings (guilds, WOM, etc) and handle print requests, press check-in and distribution of RSVP and attendee lists.
- Responsible for handling logistics for press days and film festivals with the oversight of the Publicist and Director – will include booking hotel rooms, setting menus, creating press invitations and compiling filmmaker & talent press requests.
- Compile and distribute lists, such as screening attendee lists and press reaction memos.
- Responsible for processing all new vendors, invoices/check requests for assigned publicity team.
- Responsible for helping to maintain film publicity budgets and updating on a weekly basis.
- Create and maintain various schedules, calendars and reports – both for films and for the department.
- Schedule meetings for the team and the SVP as needed.
- Answer the SVP and Directors phone as phone as needed.
- Compiling and processing expense reports for the team.
- Format and circulate all LA press breaks and tune-ins for assigned films.
- Work closely with other departments including Photo/EPK, Digital, Events, National Promotions, Production, etc. as needed.
- Work with outside specialty/targeted consultants, vendors, partners, etc. as needed.
- Attend and assist regional and special events as needed (screenings, premieres, junkets, Festivals etc.).
- Make sure department press list is kept updated and reflects press job changes on a weekly basis (along with other assistants and coordinators in the department).
- Participate in brainstorming meetings.
- Minimum of 1 year in a motion picture studio, agency or publicity firm required. Experience supporting a Publicity executive, preferred.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Adept at multitasking and organize/prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Adept as a self-starter and proactive in starting projects, asking questions and taking on departmental projects/tasks as needed.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible.
- Handle multiple tasks and work independently when necessary.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including overtime during the week and on weekends, when necessary.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be very organized and detail oriented.
- Adept at social media tools and trends.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Searchlight Pictures.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.