Publicity Coordinator, Onyx CollectiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 10057153 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 31, 2023
Onyx Collective is seeking a Coordinator, Publicity, who will be an exceptional addition to our Onyx Collective Publicity team. You will play a fundamental role by serving as the primary foundation of support in the publicity efforts for Onyx Collective’s content on Hulu. This position provides you with the opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge in the strategy and execution of Onyx Collective publicity campaign launches and promotions. The right person for this role is someone who is very comfortable working in a fast-paced, creative environment and possesses a strong ability to multitask, prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently. This person should have a robust attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret data to derive insights. We’re looking for someone who loves TV as much as we do, has a passion for the entertainment industry, has a ‘can do’ attitude and a ONE TEAM mentality with a hunger to learn more!
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we’re looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun.
Onyx Collective is a premium content brand with programming exclusively available to stream on Hulu in the U.S., Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other territories. Onyx Collective was designed to curate thought-provoking entertainment content by creators of color and offers an exciting slate for a global audience.
Reports into Vice President, Publicity, Onyx Collective. This role will interact directly with the Vice President, as well as the publicity team and other departments across Disney Entertainment and The Walt Disney Company.
- Provides administrative support to Onyx Collective’s VP of Publicity and publicity/project support to the full PR team.
- Manage the office of Onyx Collective’s VP of Publicity. Sample responsibilities include:
- Manage executives’ calendar and set up meetings. You will act as the point of contact among the Office of the President, other senior executives, employees, clients and external partners. Able to handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
- Monitor and prioritize information flow to the broader Disney Entertainment leadership team by leading the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Prepare Travel & Expense reports, reconcile corporate card expenses and uphold company T&E policies. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of department policies, procedures and methods of operation to effectively and efficiently conduct duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure the Vice President is always prepped ahead of all meeting or company functions. Able to keep the executive abreast of trends and new developments in the news space by reading industry publications, monitoring social media, and tracking competitor’s initiatives.
- Promote a positive and welcoming attitude in and out of the office; represent the ethos and style as demonstrated by the Vice President. Take on special projects and initiatives as requested by the VP.
- Assist the Publicity pod in the development of Onyx Collective series campaigns - including coordination and logistics for premieres, press junkets, festivals and conventions.
- Collect and analyze press breaks/coverage reports/status reports on Onyx Collective announcements, titles and other publicity initiatives
- Coordinate closely with Publicists to ensure that clips/broadcast materials are distributed and utilized by the appropriate show/outlet
- Support publicity team by being responsible for talent itineraries, as well as coordinating and booking travel for talent press trip sand other special events
- Manage and track invoices from events, mailers, talent appearances in overall publicity budget
- Create tune-in alerts for key press bookings and distribute to series distribution list
- Maintain updates to Onyx Collective Publicity Assignment Sheet and Publicity Calendar
- Develop and manage relationships with cross-functional teams and across the entire Disney Enterprise to execute campaigns; in particular, coordinate in lockstep with other PR/marketing functions, including Disney Synergy, Email marketing, Social, Creative, Media and more to ensure smooth execution and that campaigns align with overall initiatives and timelines
- Additional department support as needed
- 2 years in Communication/Publicity (previous television/film experience required), with an understanding of the entertainment press, trends, and social media
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Proficiency in analytics and data interpretation
- Detail oriented with strong ability in written and verbal communication
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Suite Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Keynote
- ONE TEAM attitude with the ability and desire to interact with people at all management levels
- Superb work ethic and positive, can-do attitude
- A love for television and film and desire to change the status quo
- Exceptional communication skills and a true cross-functional collaborator
- A passion for diverse storytelling and marketing
- Professional acumen and demeanor
- Team player attitude, looks for ways to fix problems and excels at completing complicated assignments
- Assertive in proactively managing calendars and processes. Adaptability in creating order amidst the dynamic fast paced environment
- Must be a self-starter and a multi-task oriented individual with strong organizational skills and have a strong ability for independent work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing
#DisneyCommsCareers and #DPEP_MEDIA
The hiring range for this position in California is $51,120.00 to $70,290.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
International Family Entertainment, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.