Publicity CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 866968BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Searchlight Pictures Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
- Oversee digital screener access via Disney Debut platform for all films – press and awards groups. Including generating codes, adding various subtitles and troubleshooting.
- Review and organize contracts for publicity agencies and consultants with internal legal departments.
- Prepare and compile information for press previews on behalf of the department.
- Responsible for processing new vendors, invoices/check requests, payment follow-up for publicity team.
- Create and maintain schedules, calendars and reports – both for films and for the department.
- Format and circulate daily industry breaks to the studio.
- Work on research projects, contact grids, talking points, production notes, critics grids, memos, and pull and compile press quotes, as needed.
- Work closely with other departments including Photo/EPK, Digital, Events, National Promotions, Production, etc. for previews, quotes, ads, timelines and calendars to ensure all deadlines are reached on assigned projects and department documents are kept up to date.
- Work with outside specialty/targeted consultants, vendors, partners, etc. to set up contracts & payment as well as to assist the teams in overall communication and strategy.
- Make sure department press list is kept updated and reflects press job changes on a weekly basis (along with other assistants and coordinators in the dept).
- 1-2 years in a motion picture studio, agency or publicity firm required. Experience supporting a Publicity executive, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent level of experience required.
- Excellent computer proficiency with Mac & Windows: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Adept as a self-starter and proactive in starting projects, asking questions and taking on departmental projects/tasks as needed.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Comfortable working independently when necessary.
- Be able to work flexible hours, including overtime during the week and on weekends, when necessary.
- Have exceptional oral and written communication skills and be very organized and detail oriented.
- Adept at social media tools and trends.
About Searchlight Pictures:
Searchlight Pictures is a specialty film company that both finances and acquires motion pictures. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and the films are distributed internationally by Twentieth Century Studios.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Searchlight Pictures, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Searchlight Pictures.
Searchlight Pictures, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.