Publicity CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 983247BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
- Shadow and participate in all key marketing & publicity meetings when needed.
- Create concise Publicity meeting notes with follow up details.
- Ability to cull critical action and follow up items for VP of Film Lead Team.
- Ability to manage communication flow to and out.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure information is disseminated on a timely basis.
- Manage workflow from Film Lead/VP’s office to the other publicity teams members.
- Assist in arranging Team Brainstorm Sessions.
- Cover publicity appearances, photo shoots, interviews when needed.
- Assist in creating filmmaker presentation decks for both Domestic & International Presentations.
- Draft & Manage Domestic & International Budget.
- Administer travel arrangements/schedules for various talent and film makers.
- Coordinate ground transportation/travel for film premieres for various talent and film makers.
- Assist with coordination of interviews with various talent and film makers as needed.
- Distribute publicity breaks and reviews to various talent and film makers.
- Distribute daily publicity breaks to executives.
- Assist the Travel Coordinators with securing logistics such as hotels and travel for talent and film makers for press day functions.
- Cover press and talent screenings of films.
- Maintain contact list for various talent and film makers.
- Ability to take what’s being asked, identify those with a sense of urgency, prioritize, execute and then follow up to ensure the request is complete.
- Maintain Global PR Timeline.
- Maintain Global Events Calendar.
- Minimum two years administrative experience at senior management level within entertainment industry with an emphasis on Publicity.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines make decisions, change course of action quickly, flexible.
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.