Already applied?View Dashboard
Publicity CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 532715BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 03/30/2018
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Responsibilities:Field Agency Management
- Strategize with 25 agencies Nationwide to develop and implement College Artist Tours (tied to Animated titles) including reporting on the tours
- Develop press pitches and story angles for College Tours to maximize publicity in each local market
- Liaise with agencies to help manage PA tours schedules (for artists and talent either for field PA tours or for Miami/Hispanic tours)
- Initiate and supervise select inanimate object tours
- Field and fulfill Hometown Hero requests (for Animated titles)
- Collaborate with Faith & Family agency and spearhead collection of requests and confirmation of interviews
- Collect and prioritize highlights to showcase the full extent of the Field Film Campaign
- Digital Marketing Liaison and Social Media Specialist for the Field Department
- Work closely and meet regularly with digital marketing group to leverage existing digital assets and to maximize field opportunities
- Materials lead for Field Agencies
- Fulfill trailer and clips requests for field agencies
- Manage Press Drop requests from agencies
- Field and fulfill special image requests (for previews, pre-Sundays, etc.)
- Oversee Field Previews (Annual, Holiday, Fall, Summer) – identify anticipated coverage then circulate top highlights as well as coverage stats
- Critics Groups involvement as necessary (during Awards season)
- Monitor and circulate daily press breaks
- Read, pull quotes and approve Field reviews (for opening week/opening day)
- Budget approvals for publicity-facing activations and press drops
- Update RILEY for all Field Activities (publicity and promotions)
- Develop and implement college PR efforts
- Manage PA Tour (Field) Duties Including:- Create/ review schedules
- Create/ maintain budget
- Review logistics with agency members
- Work with agencies to help pitch ideas for outlets
- Book flights/cars for talent
- Create recap for highlights email
- Manage junket give-a-ways (creation, approvals and distribution)
- Liaise with digital and creative content and vendors to develop green screen opportunities for junkets/special events
- Work with DCPI on junket integration and product giveaways for junket press & press drops
- Work with Global Promotions on junket tie-ins
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.