Already applied?View Dashboard
Publicity Manager (ABC)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 614432BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Nov. 20, 2018
Job Summary:Responsible for the development and implementation of effective publicity strategies, campaigns and execution resulting in positive media (print, electronic and online) placement to maximize opportunities across all ABC Entertainment platforms. We need a self-starter with 4-6 years of experience creating and helping to execute press opportunities for programming including primetime scripted series, alternative programming, specials and live events. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, create and implement strategy, devise interesting pitch angles and make quick informed decisions as necessary for the nature of live/alternative programming, as well as scripted series. The work load varies, but the manager will juggle multiple shows at once and take on department projects as required. The person will need to be able to take direction and have excellent follow up and attention to detail.
- Develop and execute innovative and comprehensive publicity campaigns for ABC programming, including Daytime and Primetime scripted and unscripted series and specials, to increase buzz and awareness.
- Responsible for sustaining strong media contacts with national and local print, broadcast and online outlets
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Original Programming, Business Affairs, Production, Marketing, Photography and ABC.com to promote projects and initiatives
- Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner
- Establish and uphold relationships with talent, talent managers, talent publicists, executive producers and executives
- Coordinate media interest in the Network and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Pitch, book and cover on-set interviews, write and edit press materials, coordinate and cover set visits, coordinate photographic coverage
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop and execute strategies to promote projects and initiatives.
- Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing the social platforms to grow reach
- Able to travel as required
- 4+ years experience in public relations or related field
- Entertainment industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Social Media Savvy
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Talent relations experience
- Editorial experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Riverside Television Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
Riverside Television Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.