Publicity Manager - Awards (ABC Entertainment)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747316BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
- Work with network executives, producers and publicists, as well as our studio partners, on developing and executing strategies for our shows for various awards consideration, including Emmys, SAG awards, Critics Choice awards, etc.
- Oversee various aspects of a campaign, including working with business partners and vendors on executing events, mailers, advertising and editorial coverage.
- Manage the awards budget and consultants.
- Willing to tackle all tasks, big or small, all the while maintaining a watchful eye on the bigger picture and demonstrating an understanding of how everything we do is interconnected and can help drive campaign awareness.
- Artfully articulate plans and goals to executives, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5+ of related work experience in the television industry in publicity or media relations
- Minimum of 3+ of management experience leading teams, developing strategy, executing press plans
- Background of increasingly responsible positions in television media relations and/or awards strategy and publicity
- Previous experience successfully publicizing television programming – specifically awards.
- Established credibility and professional relationships with the consumer and/or trade media covering the television industry
- Detail orientated with a passion for awards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Experience managing large budgets
- Comfortable working with social media platforms, including Twitter and Instagram
- Ability to grow and foster internal and external partnerships; work collaboratively with outside partners and work comfortably with outside production teams
- Proven experience successfully managing and directing others
- Demonstrated writing and presentation abilities
- Self-motivated, proactive and capable of both working within a team environment and independently
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work nights and weekends, with occasional travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.