Publicity Manager (Disney Channels)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 733739BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Channel Date posted Dec. 17, 2019
- Execute strategic multiplatform trade and consumer campaigns including devising and pitching creative stories.
- Develop press copy and other press materials and craft messaging for talent and series' creative teams.
- Identify and develop creative news angles to publicize programming and special events.
- Maintain strong relationships with consumer and trade reporters, segment producers, and online/blog contacts.
- Secure, oversee and manage / cover press interviews, in-studio interviews, set visits, press events, and photo shoots.
- Actively seek and cultivate newsworthy information from talent and creative teams that can be pitched to press.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Disney Channels to generate ideas and PR opportunities for properties and franchises.
- Draft social media content for Disney Channels PR handles to amplify newsworthy information about programming.
- Be knowledgeable about the kid's television landscape, properties and brands to ensure proper positioning in the media.
- Effectively and succinctly communicate internally, including across departments and lines of business, and externally to a variety of parties to ensure the best representation of Disney Channels Worldwide.
- Minimum 3 years publicity experience in music / TV / media
- Must demonstrate superb written and verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent understanding of effective media relations practices
- Must have working knowledge of reporters who cover television and music
- Must be self-motivated and proactive with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, and be capable of working independently and in a team atmosphere
- Must have familiarity with social media: Twitter and Instagram
- Must be computer literate (minimally Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must have a sound work ethic, desire and commitment to accept increasingly greater challenges and responsibilities
- Must have ability to adapt in a fast-paced corporate work environment
- Must be professional at all times and positively contribute to a culture of mutual respect
- Must be able to expertly manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Must take responsibility and accountability for assigned projects
- Experience with PowerPoint and creating decks for presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Communications, Journalism, Media Relations, Public Relations
About Disney Channel:
Disney Channel creates content that captures the imaginations of kids and adults of all ages. Our talented professionals harness passion and creativity to tell stories that are loved by millions around the globe. From both classic and cutting-edge animation to blockbuster movies and live-action comedy series, Disney Channel delivers across multiple platforms wherever our audience lives. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Channel.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.