Publicity Manager (Freeform)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 747319BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 10, 2020
- Execute strategic multiplatform trade and consumer campaigns including devising and pitching creative stories.
- Develop press copy and other press materials and craft messaging for talent and series' creative teams.
- Identify and develop creative news angles to publicize programming and special events.
- Maintain strong relationships with consumer and trade reporters, segment producers, and online/blog contacts.
- Secure, oversee and manage / cover press interviews, in-studio interviews, set visits, press events, and photo shoots.
- Actively seek and cultivate newsworthy information from talent and creative teams that can be pitched to press.
- Collaborate with colleagues across Freeform to generate ideas and PR opportunities.
- Schedule talent apperences (GMA, Live with Kelly and Ryan, Ellen, The View, etc.)
- Draft social media content for Freeform PR handles to amplify newsworthy information about programming.
- Be knowledgeable about the brand to ensure proper positioning in the media.
- Effectively and succinctly communicate internally, including across departments and lines of business, and externally to a variety of parties to ensure the best representation of Freeform, under Walt Disney Television.
- A minimum of 4+ years related work experience required in a similar role.
- The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills, including ability to pitch Freeform content.
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- The ability to work cross-functionally and manage up when needed.
- Strong relationships with entertainment, trade and beat reporters who cover the television business.
- Candidate should have exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Occasional travel required <10%
- Proficient in Spanish is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.