Publicity ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 763973BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 03, 2020
Disney+ is now available in the U.S., Canada, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, Switzerland, India, and France. Disney+ will be available on a wide range of mobile and connected devices, including gaming consoles, streaming media players, and smart TVs.
The Publicity Manager will work closely with various content and publicity teams, creating and executing effective campaigns for original and library content on the Disney+ streaming serviceThe person will handle a variety of projects concurrently and the ability to prioritize, an attention to detail and excellent follow up are key.
- Oversee long and short term publicity strategies that build buzz for original and library content on Disney+ streaming service.
- Develop and execute results-driven publicity campaigns, pre-launch, at launch and beyond, using traditional and out of the box tactics.
- Serve as key point person for assigned shows, serving as publicity brand manager/resource for all information related to the programs and Disney+.
- Pitch stories to media outlets, including print and electronic reporters and critics, online outlets and influencers.
- Write and edit press materials and releases, coordinate and cover set visits and photography coverage.
- Coordinate media interest in Disney+ and ensure regular contact with target media with appropriate, timely responses to requests.
- High degree of collaboration with multiple internal publicity teams to promote content. Work together to plan and execute talent participation in major promotional and publicity events, including but not limited to junkets, premieres, Comic-Con, D23, etc.
- Work closely with the events team to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events (premiere parties, stunts, etc.) for assigned series.
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Content, Marketing, Business Affairs, Production and Publicity to promote projects and initiatives
- Establish and uphold relationships with talent, talent managers, talent publicists, executive producers and executives
- Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to travel as needed
- 5-7 years publicity experience at a network, streaming service or studio
- Experience running campaigns across series or film, creating and executing press opportunities for a variety of content
- Established relationships with TV entertainment media, talent bookers, studio partners and talent reps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Team player with leadership skills
- Comfortable and strategic in the social media space and savvy about utilizing social platforms to grow reach
- Knowledge of FYC/Awards campaigns
- Experience or knowledge of international media is a plus.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.