QA EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 563175BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 13, 2018
Job Summary:In the Disney-ABC Television Group QA team we are responsible for testing and ensuring the highest quality of our TV Everywhere applications and services on a variety of platforms.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be working under the technical direction of the QA Manager and Director of Technology. This person will support the Engineering team during the Software Development Life-cycle of web, mobile, and OTT applications.
Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic and has a desire to learn leading edge technologies and has a passion for demonstrating skill and precision in his/her work. Documents and reports on software performance issues. Communicates with developers, project managers and other development staff regarding software performance issues and testing processes. Develop test automation scripts and executes both manual and automated testing protocols.
- Communicates test results to others (management, QA team, development team, etc.) and provides updates.
- Evaluates testing processes and methods to ensure consistency based upon standards
- Create automated test case scripts in Java/Kotlin and/or Swift.
- Document requirements and functional specifications for moderate to highly complex automated test plans and protocols for large projects.
- Regularly interacts with technical personnel across internal groups and external vendors.
- Perform functional, regression, integration, smoke and acceptance tests.
- Oversees final checks and releases code to production; validates and signs off on complex test plans.
- Executes automated/manual tests to compare results with requirements, to verify test requirements, to identify defects, and to ensure compliance.
- Minimum 2 years of progressively related years of experience in QA engineering.
- “Black box” experience testing web, mobile and OTT applications, “white box” a plus.
- Hands-on experience with API-related technologies HTTP, REST, XML and JSON.
- Experience in writing and executing test cases.
- Experience testing mobile and OTT devices.
- A self-starter with demonstrated initiative – able to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Able to take direction and work collaboratively.
- Coding experience in Swift and/or Java/Kotlin - Ability to read, understand and create code from scratch.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the continuous integration process.
- Excellent analytical, debugging and technical problem solving skills.
- Experience using Wireshark, Fiddler, and/or Charles Proxy.
- Experience using an automation framework.
- Experience leading a QA team onsite and/or offshore.
- Experience with Git or similar tool (e.g. SVN).
Required EducationBachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.