Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 794581BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Dec. 13, 2021
Job Summary:The QA Tester works within the QA team to help verify that products and services meet design specifications, are scalable and reliable and meet quality criteria and standards. They will work with engineering teams as well as with cross-functional Movies Anywhere teams to develop test plans driven by product design and development schedules. They will prepare test result reports and communicate them to the product & operations organizations. They will document and report functional defects and performance issues and effectively communicate them to development and project management team members. They will develop test plans and scripts and will execute them for each development deliverable. They will execute both manual and automated test scripts and will analyze the results in order to isolate defects and report them in a meaningful way.
- Write functional and system test plans based on application and service specifications as well as functional exploration.
- Organize tests and test plans using test case management tools.
- Perform post deployment checks for production releases.
- Execute automated tests using various automated test tools and frameworks.
- Analyze application test failures in order to create effective and targeted bug reports.
- Execute automated and manual tests for mobile applications as well their supporting services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in a software environment and QA engineering.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with debugging tools for web and mobile applications. (Charles Proxy, Fiddler, adb, Android Studio, XCode, etc.)
- Experience testing mobile and 10 foot applications across the following operating systems:
- Experience testing streaming across smart TV platforms.
- Experience with standards testing. (privacy & accessibility, i18n, localization)
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Movies Anywhere, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Movies Anywhere is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.