Already applied?View Dashboard
Realtime Production CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 656342BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Apr. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Television Animation is an industry leader in the production of quality animated properties across Disney-branded channels and platforms worldwide. The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
These two groups are collaborating on an experimental content production initiative, which involves the use of realtime technology (game engines) to produce high-quality linear animation and transmedia experiences. We are seeking experienced, motivated self-starters passionate about transformational innovation and exploring future-looking content production technologies. This is the second phase of a successful R&D project and is expected to last approximately one year, and, in success, to continue on to a third phase.
Responsibilities:The Realtime Production Coordinator works with the realtime production team to ensure that the production is properly tracked and communication stays fluid throughout the team. The Realtime Production Coordinator works with the Producer to create schedules and milestones for the team, and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the production, including dailies, vendor reviews, and executive check-ins. The Production Coordinator works with supervisory staff and artists to ensure deadlines are met and potential blockers are communicated. The Production Coordinator manages and executes external vendor deliveries and sends, and maintains status updates with the external vendors.
● Coordinate dailies, design Launches, story launches, external vendor reviews, animatic and rough cut reviews, and finaling sessions, as well as any other production specific meeting requests.
● Break down scripts with Producer, Realtime CG Supervisor, Realtime Art Director, and Realtime Animation Supervisor for asset count and complexity.
● Maintain and track all artwork and production files.
● Create, distribute and maintain asset and shot lists throughout the production process.
● Prepare and send complete digital shipping packages of episodes to external vendors and follow up on any issues/questions that come back from the external vendor.
● Partner with Artistic Leadership to ensure that the team has what they need to complete their weekly assignments. Flag any issues/problems to the Producer as necessary.
● Research and locate reference for the crew, as needed.
● Prepare materials for external vendors, production executives, and Disney partners as requested.
● Partner with the Producer to ensure that all show elements and production material is archived.
● Help with event planning and crew activities as needed.
● Perform all other applicable duties as assigned by Producer.
Basic Qualifications:● Extensive experience coordinating CG productions.
● Experience using Shotgun in a film, television, or game development production.
● Experience with managing external vendors.
● Technical knowledge of CG pipelines and standard workflows.
● Understanding of standard DCC packages and workflows, such as Maya.
Preferred Qualifications:● Experience with Unity.
● Experience with motion capture.
● Experience with virtual reality, augmented reality, or game productions.
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.