Research Analyst (Walt Disney Television)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 724701BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
- Responsible for ratings forecasting and other ad hoc estimating requests from finance and scheduling
- Deliver forecast as assigned, comparing actual results to planned and adjusting forecast accordingly
- Trend and evaluate the current TV landscape through Nielsen and internal tools
- Analyze and translate data-based findings into clear, relevant and actionable insights
- A basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and learning new technologies, while maintaining superior attention to detail, accuracy & organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, stories, and datasets graphically and verbally
- Ability to collaborate and work closely with other parts of the business, including Programming, Marketing and Finance teams
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and ad hoc requests while thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, proactive & a true team-player who is willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Passion for the entertainment industry and television programming
- Minimum 1 year of media research-related experience required.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, organization, strong problem-solving skills and exceptional work ethic are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled with media research software applications
- The ideal candidate would have some knowledge and understanding of TV and a beginner understanding of Nielsen software
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Prior experience in linear, on demand and online research with a broadcast or cable network
- Interest in media and television businesses, including digital platforms (Online/VOD)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.