Research & Insights Manager (External Affairs)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773484BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
- Develops, implements and analyzes qualitative and quantitative studies, such as proprietary polling, focus groups, and other research methodologies.
- Provides real-time media monitoring, analysis, and research support, across traditional and digital media platforms, for global stakeholders within DPEP.
- Delivers ad-hoc cross-platform reports and insights quickly to assist stakeholders with time sensitive business decisions and issues management/crisis response.
- Quickly synthesizes information from a variety of sources to identify communication risks and opportunities and make recommendations that contribute to the development of effective public affairs strategies.
- Creates timely reports for flagship campaigns across all key performance metrics, with analysis of sentiment, key themes, and relative importance based on reach and message pull-through.
- Proactively identifies and actively monitors trends relevant to the Disney Parks and consumer products businesses and communicate findings/recommendations to key leaders.
- Serves as a consultant and resource to global sites on monitoring activities for local and global sensitive business decisions and/or issues response.
- Researches, analyzes, and benchmarks latest trends and advancements in research and media monitoring technology to provide recommendations and implement a “best in class” research and insights function within DPEP.
- Proficient in media analytics and research tools such as Netbase, Critical Mention, TVEyes, Cision, Muck Rack, and Factiva.
- Previous experience in media analytics and research experience working with global brands or agency experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital metrics and the wider digital industry including understanding of Boolean search operators
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage competing priorities and several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude with ability to problem solve and build effective partnerships across the organization.
- Excellent judgment and proven ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule to accommodate extended operational hours necessary for managing complex, timely issues as well as supporting global clients in Europe and Asia.
- Possesses strong communication and writing skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Thrives under pressure and in fast-paced situations.
- Previous experience working in the Travel and Leisure, Entertainment and/or Consumer Goods Industry, preferably in public affairs, communications, or issues management capacity (in-house or agency).
- Previous leadership experience, specifically managing people or teams
- Polished presenter with experience presenting to senior executives.
- Bi-lingual abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.