Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Research & Success Measurement (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 700920BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
As the Research Manager, you will work closely with HR Workforce Technology to gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative information, and synthesize multiple inputs and client/user learnings into succinct, insightful and prescriptive research. Additionally, you will research emerging employment trends, employment/data requirements that impact system design and information storage obligations for our markets globally. You are a problem solver who is organized, detailed and extremely collaborative and be expected to present to executive level stakeholders.
You will be a key driver in helping develop a deeper understanding of the pain points, needs, and preferences of prototype solutions that may scale to full global deployment. This is an enterprise role and one on which business leaders from across the company will come to depend on for insights leading edge HR system evolution and the regulations that guide our design requirements.
You must be passionate about the future of technology and thrive in an environment that includes a strong balance of independent work as well as working collaboratively within cross-functional teams. You must bring strong writing skills, a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively – both verbally and in writing. The candidate we are seeking thrives in a multifaceted role and is an expert in managing multiple commitments and projects simultaneously.
- Work with the Director of HR Workforce Technology to set the overall approach to global employment regulations, data privacy obligations, and other related research efforts.
- Support the research strategy execution set by the Senior Research Manager for Learning and Talent Solutions Projects, including researching emerging trends and applications of new technology in the workforce of the future.
- Work with our HR Workforce Technology members and client business leaders to define the key questions to be answered through the proof-of-concept, pilot, and large-scale deployment process of potential enterprise HR systems.
- Work with our HR Workforce Technology members and client business leaders to define the key success measurements and scorecarding design to support the proof-of-concept, pilot, and large-scale deployment process of potential enterprise HR systems.
- Distill complex concepts and learnings to easily consumable materials for non-technical, non-statistical leaders to support the decision making grounded in research and relevant information.
- Ability to place information into the larger context to help educate clients on the impacts, potential risks, and potential rewards various options
- Elevate the stature of quantitative research in decision making by providing a deep understanding of the statistics behind our work and methodological strengths and weaknesses.
- 5 - 7 years experience in research
- Strong, proven analytical, research, and writing skills
- Experience with public speaking and giving presentations to key stakeholders
- Exemplary collaboration skills and successful cross-functional work experience as well as the innate desire to work as a team to achieve goals; this must be done in balance with executing on research independently
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of research methodologies
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
- Strong analytic skills with experience in research and analysis
- Expertise with MS Office Suite
- A strong interest in the business problems faced by our clients, and how social media and other emerging approaches can be leveraged as a solution in learning and talent systems
- The ability to translate complex data into a story that speaks to the opportunities and challenges as well as the broader digital ecosystem
- A high degree of organization, drive and career focus; confident, articulate and actively involved in HR and/or digital, mobility, and social media areas
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Results oriented and has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Bachelor degree or related-level degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor degree or related-level degree with a focus in research, statistics, or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.