Already applied?View Dashboard
Research AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 714100BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 18, 2019
The Research Associate is an important part of the Executive Search process. The primary focus of this role is supporting executive search with research, candidate name generation and data / marketplace visualization. The research associate will help to update industry and market research, turning relevant deliverables into reusable templates. The successful Associate will do this while handling multiple projects with competing deadlines, working with individuals who have differing styles, and managing challenging expectations
- Prepares media company mapping and overviews including all major television and film studios, production companies and streaming platforms (researching companies and developing target candidate lists)
- Create customizable company and talent mapping templates, including organization structures, for use throughout the executive search process
- Observes and asks questions to fully understand the landscape; synthesizes information from a variety of internal/external sources, despite possibly having ambiguous or incomplete information
- Gathers relevant data from a variety of sources to help determine broad capabilities, gaps, and qualifications/fit; develops appropriate candidate “target” lists
- Teaming up on “proprietary” market intelligence projects; proactively identifies and tracks organizational, industry, and/or functional trends and reports findings
- Works on multiple projects; meets deadlines and is resilient under pressure; delivers on commitments on time
- Passion for entertainment industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and excellent time management skills; quality focused and ability to drive continuous improvement (plans, manages and drives own efforts with support from leaders); strong work ethic
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, tenacity and intellectual curiosity; action-oriented; deals with problems immediately
- Ability to analyze, interpret and visualize data utilizing database tools including TRM and Excel
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Client-service orientation; highly collaborative and team-oriented; flexible and agile
- Understands the search process; asks questions to understand; and is proactive
- Obtains and incorporates knowledge to enhance executive search work in a meaningful way. Knows how to get information, effectively uses the available resources, developing and sharing marketplace knowledge
- Updating industry information, analyzing market trends and tracking “People Moves”; identifies executive movements in the market and updates database (ideally in real time) and colleagues
- Has a genuine interest in/curiosity about people in the entertainment businesses; and has an understanding of film and television executives, and their interrelationships; asks questions and shows interest in networking
- Understands how to identify and navigate the various relevant sources available (Studio System, LinkedIn, IMBD, etc)
Required EducationBA/BS degree
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.