RISE (Representation, Inclusion Strategies & Engagement) CoordinatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 814217BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 23, 2021
RISE (Representation, Inclusion Strategies & Engagement) Coordinator, Content Advisement
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
As the RISE (Representation, Inclusion Strategies & Engagement) Coordinator, Content Advisement, you will report to the Director, and will have a dot-line to the co-Director. You will work with the team to develop market-facing strategies to ensure content, marketing, and distribution efforts are relevant to a rapidly diversifying and global audience. you will join a team that provides creative notes and feedback on projects for the entire life cycle of a film, from development and pre-production to marketing and distribution, ensuring representation, eradicating stereotypes and tropes, and maximizing diverse storytelling opportunities.
- Maintain tracking grids of project and title updates across Studios through constant communication with team
- Support departmental projects as needed, including preparing PowerPoint/Keynote presentations, internal grids, and additional assignments
- Actively participate in weekly calls with internal and external teams
- Help identify new cultural representation opportunities and insights (new consultants, DEI organizations, thought leaders, articles, research, etc.) for the department to pursue and learn
- Culturally advise on content, especially stories and characters, to make sure our content is culturally accurate, authentic, inclusive, and devoid of stereotypes and tropes
- 50% of the role will be to provide administrative support (i.e. scheduling, travel and expenses management, and organizing logistics for meetings) and project management support to the co-Directors of Content Advisement. Provide backup support for VP as needed and assist with tracking team expenditures, submitting invoices for external partners and co-managing the budget.
- Build strong creative and business relationships across our Studios and brands: Disney Live Action, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Theatrical Group, 20th Century Studio, and Searchlight Pictures
- 1+ year of work experience, especially with administrative duties
- Must be detail oriented, proactive, organized, and have the ability to follow-up often and in a friendly and courteous manner
- Is great with Excel and/or Google Sheets and Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Collaborative with others and engage in creative, out-of-the-box thinking in a highly matrixed organization
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion
Additional Information:Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.