Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Rotational Programs Communication & Support Internship, Corp - Su'19Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 616257BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Enterprise Rotation Programs Team supports the design and implementation of rotation based programs for The Walt Disney Company. Programs are built to attract talent and enhance the employee experiences, by providing developmental opportunities to create future leaders within the company. These full-time, two-year programs employ on-the-job assignments which cultivate key leadership and technical skills required to meet segment/ business unit strategic business objectives.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
The purpose of this role is to support the functions of Disney’s current Rotational Programs in Accounting and Technology Management, as well as the strategy and design of future programs. The ideal candidate will support the day-to-day operations of the program management team, and assist with ongoing program enhancements.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and execution of summer development courses, as well as other summer programming events
- Partner with team-members with the on-going development of program learning objectives
- Support the discovery process through regular benchmarking and research of industry related programs
- Support the weekly/bi-weekly communication/updates for the program Associates
- Aid in the creation and/or enhancement of presentations and deliverables for program stakeholders, as well as presentations for prospective participants
- Support end-of-rotation transition activities and trainings, as well as onboarding the new class of Analysts and Associates
- Additional Administrative duties and ad-hoc projects as needed
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Interest and/or experience in organization development and HR
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience coordinating, scheduling and executing events
- Previous internship within Human Resources, Events, Communications or a related field
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong proficiency utilizing PowerPoint and/or Keynote
Preferred Qualifications:(Preferred Qualifications)
- General knowledge of talent development, recruitment, or related area of HR
- Experience in an HR communications based role
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using Canva
- Previous writing experience within a professional environment
- Former Cast Member or Disney Programs participant
- Comfortable presenting information/public speaking
Required EducationRequired Education:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or related major
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2019 through August/September 2019
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends or holidays
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles/Glendale/Burbank area
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years of age
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.