Sales CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 746128BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Coordinator to collaborate within Domestic Sales Team in distributing all WDS releases in North America and provide:
- Interface with our exhibitor partners to help drive the revenue of films distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Accomplish this through the use of relationships, negotiation and analytics. Maximizing our film releases in the U.S. and Canada to make sure exhibition properly and gainfully exhibits movies adhering to our sales policies.
- Responsible for the accounts receivable process of our exhibitor partners by maintaining and collecting all monies due for movies exhibited for all theatres in the U.S. and Canada.
- Directly and independently oversee a small territory or collection of theatres.
- Ensure timely collection of on-account and final-billed film rental on accounts totaling approx. $5M or less in annual revenue.
- Maintain and monitor overnight/flash grosses to aid in the sales and holdover process.
- Collect, enter and troubleshoot Box Office Reports (BORs) identifying any issues of under-reporting and other oddities.
- Research ticket pricing and historical BORs to support audit claims.
- Establish and build relationships with external distribution industry partners.
- Provide administrative support for divisional VP including, but not limited to, scheduling, travel and expense.
- Build relationships with the exhibitors, theatre owners, and booking agents within the sales area.
- Collaborate with Cinema Partnerships, Sales Planning and other internal departments as needed.
- Monitor theatres show schedules to make sure they are adhering to our sales policies.
- Understands and is proficient in studio-based systems like Ensemble and TVM as well as third-party systems like ComScore and Webedia.
- Manages projects, timelines and deals effectively with pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or job to another.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and some SAP & Concur.
- Strong analytical skills or some accounting experience.
- Experience in theatrical motion picture sales and distribution or theatrical exhibition.
- Marketing knowledge.
- BA/BS required or five years of work experience in related field.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.