Sales ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 724628BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 15, 2019
The Sales Manager will partner with the Domestic Sales team to distribute and manage all WDS releases. This role will interface with external exhibitor partners to drive revenue of Disney Live Action and Animation, Lucas, Marvel, Pixar and Fox branded motion pictures through the use of relationships, negotiation and analytics. The role also includes maximizing the release and playtime of motion pictures ensuring that every theater in the U.S. properly and gainfully exhibits our pictures adhering to sales and legal policies.
The candidate will also oversee the accounts-receivable of exhibition partners by maintaining and collection all monies due for movies exhibited for all theaters in the U.S. This position will report to the VP and Director, Sales.
- Collaborate with other Sales and Distribution Executives to devise sales and distribution strategy and execute same for all WDS theatrical releases.
- Manage the sales and distribution of all WDS releases in approximately 150+ theaters throughout North America in medium-high profile markets.
- Execute analyses and provide territory specific expertise to leaders.
- Take ownership of all sales related duties within the assigned sales area, including but not limited to; setting all release patterns within respective territories, maintain weekly holdovers, enforcing policy, managing all show schedules, flash grosses and box office, accounts receivables, etc.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with exhibitor partners.
- Available nights and weekends to visit theaters during film opening weekends.
- Manage In-Theatre marketing initiatives; trailer placement requests, and all in-theatre marketing materials.
- 3+ years of experience in theatrical motion pictures sales and distribution.
- Manage and prioritize projects, timelines and deals effectively.
- Problem solve independently with minimal oversight.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships, and to work well in a team environment.
- Competent in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Able to think strategically, capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives/issues simultaneously.
- Proven knowledge on business issues, trends and technological advances in the Entertainment Industry.
- Ability to multi-tasks and work under pressure.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Some In-Theatre marketing experience.
- One year marketing background and/or experience.
- BA/BS or 3 years relative industry sales experience.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.