Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543832BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 04/05/2018
Job Summary:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager, Central Division in Burbank, CA. This role partners with the Central Division Sales team to sell and distribute Walt Disney Studio releases.
- Manage the sales and distribution of Walt Disney Studio releases within a branch sized territory.
- Take custody and responsibility of all sales related duties, within the assigned territory including:
- Sales and booking
- Grosses and box office reports
- Billing and film rental collections
- Accounts Receivable maintenance
- Exhibitor and account relations.
- In-Theatre Marketing
- Assisting a Circuit Management team with the creation and implementation of marketing and promotional ideas.
- Maintains professionalism under pressure.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style, with well-developed communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines and interface with diverse group of stakeholders.
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- Multi-task by switching smoothly from one project or job to another.
- Strong work ethic with "Can-Do" attitude is a must; team player with a strong focus on driving results.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and some SAP.
- Two years experience in theatrical motions picture sales and distribution or theatrical exhibition.
- Some marketing background and experience.
- Analytics experience/Excel proficiency a plus
Additional Information:This position is a legal entity of ABC Inc., an equal opportunity employer.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.