Already applied?View Dashboard
Sales RepresentativeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 600730BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 11, 2018
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Representative to join the team!
- Be trained in all aspects of Theatrical Distribution within the Western Division.
- Manage the sales and distribution of all WDS releases within an assigned territory, including:
Grosses and box office reports
- Develop and maintain exhibitor and account relations.
- Available nights and weekends to visit theatre during film opening weekends.
- In-Theatre Marketing (including trailer placement and marketing material management).
- Assisting a Circuit Management Team with the creation and implementation of marketing and promotional ideas.
- Manages projects, timelines and deals effectively with pressure.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Knowledge of entertainment business, both Exhibition and Sales.
- Prioritize work activities.
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or job to another.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and some SAP.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Experience in theatrical motions picture sales and distribution or theatrical exhibition.
- Some marketing background and experience.
- BA/BS required
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.