Scheduling Coordinator – Disney XD & Nat Geo Mundo (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 780850BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 06, 2021
Additionally, this role will be responsible for the planning, scheduling and distribution of the Nat Geo Mundo programming schedule. Nat Geo Mundo is a US Hispanic network with all content dubbed or in native Spanish.
Position can be based in LA, NY or DC.
- Implementation of the network schedule and program entry in the Storer Information Management System (SIMS) scheduling database
- Work with Director of Content Strategy to translate and implement overarching channel strategies into specific scheduling tactics
- Work with Director of Content Strategy to ensure channel remains compliment with its regulatory and affiliate requirements
- Maintain knowledge of the network’s priorities and performance, recommending changes to the schedule to help drive ratings and enrich viewing experience on both linear and non-linear platforms
- Coordinate and communicate plans with a variety of departments to ensure materials are ready, schedules are correct and that the requisite teams are fully up-to-date regarding current schedules and content roll-out
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the kid’s television landscape and industry trends, tracking and providing reports and updates on competitor activity
- Generate regular reports detailing scheduling history, content usage and compliance with regulatory and affiliate programming requirements
- As required, provide support for wider XD team and programming department including cross training to support other channels and platforms and assisting on ad hoc projects
- Represent Disney XD Programming in departmental meetings.
- Plan the full day network schedule for Nat Geo Mundo; enter the weekly schedule into the scheduling database (VPS) and MyEvents, the Nielsen Reporting tool.
- Distribute the Nat Geo Mundo schedule internally and externally to listings providers.
- Assist with ad sales and affiliate marketing requests on an ad hoc basis.
- Review Mundo performance and recommend changes to the schedule to help drive performance.
- Update team on US Hispanic cable landscape and competition as needed.
- Language requirement: Fluency in Spanish – written
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow and work well in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrated experience with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the following systems a plus: SIMS, Keynote
- Minimum 1 year in media related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Television or equivalent work experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.