Science Integration Manager
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 828054BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 15, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Decision Science + Integration (DDSI) organization provides internal consulting services for clients across The Walt Disney Company including the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment which include Parks & Resorts both domestic and international, Consumer Products and Disney Signature Experiences as well as the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment which include Studios Content (Disney Theatrical Group), General Entertainment Content, and ESPN and Sports Content.
The DDSI team sits at the intersection of business strategy, advanced analytics, and technology integration to help our partners explore opportunities for analytics, shape business decisions and drive value. Our work includes conceptualizing new solutions, solution design and development, implementation (and integration with business processes), and ongoing business support.
DDSI seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about learning our client businesses, forming relationships with business leaders, and driving value through the tactical and strategic use of data and analytics. The work requires a combination of analytical mindset with hands-on experience in data and programming, and a natural gift for communicating and presenting complex analytical findings. Strong candidates are those with the right balance of technical and business skills that are critical for successful execution of analytics to drive business values.
- Partner with other business units and develop expertise in their field
- Learn about existing processes and tools and identify opportunities for improvement using analytics
- Develop research questions and hypotheses, and propose feasible research designs to address the questions
- Collect, process, and analyze large data sets
- Build appropriate analytical models independently or collaboratively with our science partners
- Develop insights and interpret results
- Develop audience-specific communication strategy to share insights with and collect feedback from partners and clients at different organizational levels
- Act as a liaison to coordinate with internal and external teams with different skill sets and perspectives
- 5+ years of experience in analytics or consulting role
- Ability to effectively communicate and translate the languages of analytics and business applications
- Proficiency in acquiring, organizing, cleansing, manipulating, and mining large amounts of data
- Demonstrated capabilities in performing exploratory and quantitative analytics
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing business environment
- Good balance of technical expertise and business acumen
- Strong work ethic with intense attention to detail and quest for quality
- 3+ years experience and proficiency in Python, SQL, R, SAS (or similar programming languages)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other productivity software
- Strong proficiency in data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or other quantitative field or equivalent
- Experience with the media industry, especially television, SVOD, and film
- Experience with marketing, sales, pricing, or revenue management
- Experience with internal or external consulting
- Familiarity with Martech/Adtech and identity solutions (Exchanges, DSP, etc.)
- Proven solid experience in developing and applying analytics solutions to drive business values
- Master’s or PhD with specialization in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or other quantitative field or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.