Already applied?View Dashboard
Secretary IV, Creative Print ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 664121BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May. 01, 2019
Job Summary:Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
- Provide phone coverage for VP and Director
- Manage all aspects of meetings/presentations for Animation/Disney+ team (set-up, coordination, invites, adjustments, agendas, materials, etc.)
- Receive, code, track, obtain approval for all invoices making sure they are submitted to be paid on time.
- Manage all invoice inquiries, problems, questions, etc. from agencies/vendors.
- Management of departmental P-card
- Arrange and organize business trips for team.
- Create PowerPoint/Keynote presentations for team
- Track, file and inventory all original art, reference materials, imagery, etc. used in the creation of campaigns.
- Manage the archival, storage, and/or confidential destruction of all assets and campaign materials post-open.
- Organize digital assets: initiate downloads, proper filing on server, file distribution to various agencies/vendors as required, create packages for distribution, etc.) and maintain server’s organization for the team.
- Manage the uploading of all final, approved campaign assets to Wonderland and Riley
- Utilize SAP to process expense reports for VP and Director to ensure proper and timely reimbursement for business-related expenses.
- Regularly correspond and interface with internal executive teams across the company, as well as with our partners at Pixar, WDAS and Disney+.
- Effectively communicate with creative, finishing and production vendors outside the company.
- Assist team members with compiling materials for various presentations to filmmakers, executives (getting prints printed, trimming and pinning comps, etc).
- Assists team members will miscellaneous production and creative needs (ex. trafficking/printing of mechanicals, relaying of notes back to production/creative agencies, etc.)
- Update and manage departmental creative project status sheet along with team coordinators.
- Aid in any additional departmental projects as needed.
- Monitor and order all office supplies, printer supplies, art supplies, copier supplies, refreshments, presentation materials, etc. for department
- Manage/create master departmental and vendor/agency master contact lists
- Manage all equipment leases, renewals, repairs, etc.
- Manage the requests of computer refreshes/upgrades for departmental personnel
- Communicate/assist/manage server issues and problems with IT for department
- Manage the requests for departmental temporary/intern/casual, etc. help
- Assist/manage all departmental office equipment, moves, repairs, etc. for departmental personnel
- Manage schedule for use of presentation/library room, meeting white table, Epson printer (for large projects), etc. between Animation & Live Action teams
- Manage/Organize departmental storage, library/presentation, printer, cutting and meeting rooms
- Manage the confidential shredding bins and oversized trash bins
- Monitor agency meetings between the two groups to avoid clash of projects and competing agencies (Assistants would need to be in constant communication with each other)
- Launch and manage security clearances/maintenance for all new/existing agencies
- Launch Creative Services Agreements and establish server passwords for all new agencies
- Manage departmental font library
- Manage the organization/filing of departmental legal agreements
- Manage departmental server vendor passwords and document and their corresponding renewals, updates, etc.
- Manage and keep up-to-date all departmental light boxes and display framed artwork - any misc facilities requests
- Assist VPs with the coordination, planning, execution of departmental-wide outings, meetings, etc.
- Be the lead in managing the submission of all award competition materials for department (ie. Clio Key Art Awards) - this includes coordinating with agencies, submitting of materials, insuring that all entry forms are completed accurately and submitted on time, securing all entry fees, etc.
- Manage all vendor studio access (vendor IDs)
- Be back up to counterpart VP assistant when needed
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Clearly communicates requirements, expectations and deadlines accordingly. Must be able to communicate effectively, confidently, positively with filmmaker, production and executive teams. Must be able to resolve issues tactfully.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced production environment while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. Leverages knowledge and understanding of graphic design, creative and print to facilitate effective communication between departmental teams.
- Strong interest in and enthusiasm towards marketing and creative print advertising.
- Excellent computer skills required – Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (would be great but not necessary), Microsoft Outlook, MS Word, SAP
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, change course of action quickly, be flexible.
- Conducts constant follow up and monitoring to make sure all projects moving forward in a timely and positive manner.
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to multitask with urgency.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively with other assistants and staff at all levels.
- Team player and easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Maintains standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.