Already applied?View Dashboard
Secretary IV, Digital MarketingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 637076BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Feb. 15, 2019
Job Summary:Disney has explored new worlds through magical storytelling since its first completely live-action film, Treasure Island in 1950. Across pirate-laden high-seas or down a mysterious rabbit hole, Disney’s collaborations with renowned artists and filmmakers has produced some of the most successful live-action family films in history, including Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, the Pirates of the Caribbean films, The Jungle Book, Cinderella, and Beauty & The Beast, with more extraordinary stories on the horizon.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Secretary IV, Digital Marketing.
- Provide overall administrative support for Senior Vice President and two Vice Presidents including but not limited to answering phones, maintaining busy calendars and day-to-day meetings.
- Primary contact for all incoming phone calls and communications (both mail and email).
- Meeting coordination, logistics, preparation, invitations and materials.
- Calendar Management; coordinate travel, long range planning and day-to-day meetings.
- Filing of reference materials, background, and overview information.
- Preparation of all business related expenses using SAP travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner.
- Order supplies/materials and process invoices where necessary using SAP
- Partnering and working extensively with internal departments and external vendors to provide and/or receive necessary information, materials, approvals, updates, etc
- Assist with decks and presentations
- Supports departmental projects as needed
- Troubleshoot occasional facility issues
- Additional Duties as required.
- Friendly, easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior executives and business unit contacts and key external partners.
- Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion since Senior Vice President is frequently out of the office.
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills.
- Competency in general secretarial skills including answering the phone, filing etc. Excellent competency in typing/spelling with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Database Management, PowerPoint, Keynote and Outlook. Technology and social media savvy.
- Ability to pull analytics from social media using native tools and third party platforms, as well as organizing said data for communication outside the department.
- Ability to work overtime when special projects dictate.
- Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired.
- Team player - willing to work with other assistants and staff at all levels in support of the marketing team in Burbank and worldwide.
- Organized in thinking and execution to maintain efficient office, files, database, and information.
- Ability to multitask with urgency.
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.