Already applied?View Dashboard
Secretary IV, Integrated Marketing & SynergyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708480BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Sep. 27, 2019
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Marketing is a dynamic, results-driven marketing team responsible for positioning films released by Disney (live action), Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm and Marvel Studios. This organization oversees the Studios’ global marketing strategy encompassing creative, media, digital, international, promotions, publicity, research, special events, and synergy, and handles some the most valuable film brands and franchises of all time. Thanks in large part to the efforts of the marketing team, The Walt Disney Studios was the first studio to pass $7 billion at the global box office in 2016.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Secretary IV, Integrated Marketing & Synergy in Burbank, CA. This position reports to the VP, Integrated Marketing & Synergy.
- Primary contact for all incoming phone calls and communications (both mail and email
- Intensive Calendar Management: coordinate detailed travel logistics, understanding prioritization and deadlines for long-term planning, schedule and manage day-to-day meetings as well as calendar conflicts
- Heavy meeting coordination, logistics, preparation, invitations and materials
- Partnering and working extensively with internal departments and external vendors to provide and/or receive necessary information, materials, approvals, updates, etc
- Arrange detailed Domestic and International travel plans including itineraries, booking transportation, hotels etc
- Handle mail and FedEx requests, orders supplies/materials for team and process invoices
- Filing of reference materials, background and overview information
- Preparation of all business related expenses using SAP travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner
- Assist in organizing shared documents, calendars and content
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date department distribution lists, calendars including domestic and international holidays, release dates, vacations and key cross-company events
- Update key department calendars tracking business milestones
- Supports departmental projects as needed
- Other duties as required
- Proficient in PC and MAC
- Keynote experience required
- Excellent Computer Skills required – Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum two years administrative experience at senior management level within entertainment industry
- SAP experience
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines make decisions, change course of action quickly, flexible
- Be able to work in a highly matrix organization (ability to work with multiple leaders; managing work demands from multiple sources)
- Proactively anticipate needs of executives and manage office time efficiently
- Demonstrates ability to ask questions, raise concerns, effective problem solver
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior executives, as well as business unit contacts and key external partners
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively with other assistants and staff at all levels
- Team player and easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and to work overtime
- Passionate about movies
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.