Already applied?View Dashboard
Secretary IV, PublicityApply Now Apply Later Job ID 654689BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Apr. 02, 2019
Job Summary:Disney has explored new worlds through magical storytelling since its first completely live-action film, Treasure Island in 1950. Across pirate-laden high-seas or down a mysterious rabbit hole, Disney’s collaborations with renowned artists and filmmakers has produced some of the most successful live-action family films in history, including Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, the Pirates of the Caribbean films, The Jungle Book, Cinderella, and Beauty & The Beast, with more extraordinary stories on the horizon.
Exciting opportunity for a Secretary IV, Publicity providing day-to-day support to 2 Vice Presidents, Global Publicity.
- Calendar Management for 2 VPs: coordinate travel, long-term planning, manage day-to-day meetings
- Handle meeting coordination details including logistics, preparation, invitations and materials (including agendas and recaps)
- Arrange meetings or conferences by booking conference rooms, issuing meeting requests through Outlook and sending emails and coordinating handouts
- Field heavy volume of phone calls daily and maintain accurate phone log for VPs
- Screen and flag important incoming emails to appropriate team members
- Preparation of all business related expenses using SAP travel proxy role ensuring expense reports are completed and filed in a timely manner
- Handle VPs mail and FedEx requests, orders supplies/materials and process invoices (when necessary)
- Arrange detailed travel plans and itineraries and compile documents and expenses for travel-related meetings
- Regularly correspond with internal partners and teams across the company, including Marvel, Lucas Films, and Walt Disney Live Action.
- Point person for budget building and monitoring (junkets, tours, events, etc.)
- Oversee Groomer / Stylist negotiations for filmmaker and talent
- Book all talent and filmmaker travel (including obtaining visas, as needed)
- Oversee event transportation (premieres, junkets, conventions, etc.).
- Work with Procurement and Finance to process invoices for the team and mange Team CMC (Travel card)
- Maintain team and film related distribution lists and general office documents
- Other admin projects as assigned, including light research
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
- Ability to make independent decisions when handling sensitive and confidential information, while exercising good judgment and discretion when VPs are out of the office
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with a strong ability to manage multiple high priority projects and appropriately prioritize work and meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly.
- Proactively anticipate needs of VPs and manage office time efficiently
- Ability to maintain an efficient office, files, database, and information
- Friendly, easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments
- Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines with a calm, professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills to assure successful interaction with senior executives and filmmakers, as well as business unit contacts and key external partners
- Proven competency in general administrative skills including answering the phone, filing, etc.
- Excellent typing and spelling skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and Outlook for meeting requests and calendaring.
- Technologically savvy
- Overall working knowledge with the SAP system desired
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule. Some overtime and weekends required.
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments.
- Positive attitude, be proactive, resourceful and flexible
- Experience in the entertainment industry, ideally in publicity or marketing
- Candidate should have a strong passion for film publicity and movies and should be familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures, especially in publicity.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.