Secretary IVApply NowApply Later Job ID 917406BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
This role implements and drives projects assigned to the PRODUCER, from the early stages of development through production, post, release, and marketing. Through the entire production process, the Secretary IV works with key studio leadership both internally and externally and the production teams to successfully execute and prioritize constantly changing projects, schedules and delivery dates. The candidate must have the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be extremely detail-oriented, tech savvy, organized, pro-active, possess great interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a discreet and confidential manner. Additionally, applicants must have an understanding of how best to work with teams of creative individuals. Strong candidates will be able to exercise strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with a positive, flexible and professional disposition. Must be a forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Responsibilities:This position will also be the liaison between the PRODUCER'S office, multiple production and overhead departments within Disney Animation. This includes our internal Casting, Business Affairs, Post Production, Marketing & Finance offices, as well as with various partners across the company such as Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Products and Walt Disney Studios Marketing, Distribution and Post Production. The position also requires working across the entertainment industry with literary agents, artistic consultants, voice talent and associated representatives.
When applicable, prioritize and delegate workflow of projects to other support staff.
Provide day-to-day administrative support to the PRODUCER for all projects currently in development and production including Feature Film Projects, Disney+ Projects, Theatrical Shorts, Creative Legacy, Virtual/Augmented Reality and any other ancillary projects.
Coordinate information, communication and resources to align with the PRODUCER'S vision and priorities
Serves as an intermediary with executives, producers, directors, writers, talent, other assistants, external associates and visitors at all levels
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing high-priority presentations, screenings, note sessions recurring meetings and offsite events
- Coordinating and facilitating recording sessions
- Booking and coordinating talent schedule and travel needs for production
- Collating and organizing the drafting of screen credits
- Organizing and facilitating of Production Milestone Events (e.g. wrap party, talent dinners, cast screenings, etc.
- Maintaining and organizing files and documents (both electronic and paper)
- Answering telephone calls; organizing travel, maintaining calendars; extensive scheduling
- Maintaining a status chart of pending matters; preparing and submitting expense reports
- Ordering catering and supplies
- Collection of tax and other documents from talent, research, creation and maintenance of attorneys’ contacts directory
- Overall production legal assistance; coordination with studio Contract Administration, etc.
- Coordinating invoices and payments to vendors and outside consultants
- 3-5 years minimum experience
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web conference software, internet research, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions, delegate and change course of action quickly
- Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
- Strong organizational and follow-thru skills, especially with extensive scheduling
- Proven knowledge of Walt Disney Company policies and procedures
- Extensive expense report and travel experience
- Knowledge of animation or digital production process a plus
- BA or BS preferred
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.