Secretary IVApply NowApply Later Job ID 966165BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Walt Disney Animation Studios Date posted Apr. 26, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
Walt Disney Animation Studios combines the best in artistry and storytelling with cutting-edge technology to bring wonderful new characters and adventures to the big screen for audiences around the world. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Secretary IV (Executive Assistant) to join the Production and Craft Leadership team. This position will support the Vice President of Production & Planning and the Vice President of Craft Leadership.
- Administrative support for the Vice Presidents and Production Department Management team. This includes:
- Executive Assistant support and administration of day to day department needs.
- Create, maintain and problem solve individual and production planning calendars.
- Complete expense reports and create travel arrangements.
- Organize and order materials, supplies and lunches for meetings and department.
- Create, maintain and distribute documents for meetings. This includes:
- Creation of google slide or powerpoint decks.
- Maintaining and distribution of department milestone documents.
- Represents the VP Production & Planning and VP Craft Leadership’s offices to both internal and external communities.
- Liaisons with senior executive leadership and key partners.
- First point of contact for production employees.
- Provide customer service and maintain confidentiality.
- Responsible for event planning and department moral/engagement support. This includes:
- Organizing and implementing events.
- Ordering necessary materials or food.
- Generating ideas for events, moral or engagement initiatives.
- Responsible for Ad hoc projects for production departments as needed.
- Minimum 5 years administrative assistant experience, preferably in a film studio or production environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Positive, helpful demeanor - "No job is too small!"
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, change course of action quickly & maintain professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision. Proactive and resourceful.
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Walt Disney Animation Studios:
Combining masterful artistry and storytelling with groundbreaking technology, Walt Disney Animation Studios is a filmmaker-driven animation studio responsible for creating some of the most beloved films ever made. WDAS continues to build on its rich legacy of innovation and creativity, from the first fully-animated feature film, 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to 2019’s Frozen 2, the biggest animated film of all time, to our 60th animated feature, Encanto, releasing November 2021. Among the studio's timeless creations are Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.