Security New Initiatives & Strategy ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 851718BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Responsibilities:As a key member of the West Coast Security Operations (WCSO) team, you will contribute to an innovative culture where cutting edge ideas, expansion, growth and change are expected, recognized and rewarded. This position will partner with department managers and leadership to proactively manage AOP budgeting, forecasting and capital projects to achieve AOP targets. Approach strategic decisions in a consultative manner with emphasis on innovation, communication and incorporation of current and future needs of the department
- Provides analysis and support in the development, planning and support of fiscal year goals and budget for West Coast Security Operations. Advises department leadership on the development of departmental 5-year fiscal planning.
- Contributes during budget planning for capital/operational projects and project management of initiatives related to the continued progression of the West Coast Security team
- Assists with the development and implementation of the complete training strategy of WCSO and supervises its execution.
- Drives the Security Governance program and partners with key stakeholders to schedule and conduct Security Risk Assessments and Audits as assigned.
- Manages the Red Team program to identify security and safety vulnerabilities and defining objectives in accordance with departmental standards.
- Develops and implements comprehensive security plans for corporate company events by effectively utilizing Global Security resources and successfully collaborating with key stakeholders, external sources and law enforcement.
- Drives the department’s contract management, renewal and RFP process
- Assists with the development and implements policies to enable fulfillment of department leadership’s vision and directive.
- Accomplish regional objectives by establishing action plans, timetables, and outcome measurements; obtaining and allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Ensure inventory management and maintenance of all department’s equipment is conducted in a timely manner
- Implementing department standards and ensures quality control is met for the development and maintenance of all departmental operational and administrative guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring WCSO proprietary and contract workforce is compliant to Company, California Department of Consumer Affairs and Labor Codes.
- Participates in the department’s Special Projects team.
- Prepares and delivers effective multi-media presentations and recommendations, and employee trainings to diverse audiences including executive leadership teams
- Supports the success of all departmental logistics programs, ensuring they are executed to contractual and departmental standards.
- Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to enable the development and execution of departmental leadership’s vision and directives. Key stakeholders include HR, Sourcing and Procurement, Global Crisis Management, Global Security Systems, Labor Relations and Payroll
- Responsible for the leadership and career development of direct reports
- Continuously monitors industry trends and interpreting the potential implications for the department and creation of relevant initiatives
- The ability to fill in as (On-Duty) Security Operations Manager as necessary
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum 7 years experience in positions of increasing responsibility within the security field including 5 years of experience of developing and implementing departmental strategy, project management, training programs and events security planning.
- Minimum 3 years proven experience of managing and developing teams of skilled employees.
- Very strong IT skills, with experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office products. Strong leadership and influence skills. Excellent project management, written and interpersonal communication skills, including strategic relationship building.
- Experience working within diverse environments, including proprietary, contract and union facilities.
- Depth of experience of planning and development of training of a large organization.
- Significant experience in security planning for large scale, high profile corporate events.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction and strategy.
- Deals effectively with ambiguity and learns from success and failure.
- Demonstrates resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
- Strong business knowledge and acumen.
- Ability to travel for domestic projects/assignments.
- Effectively manages integrated change and solves problems.
- Builds trust and instills self-confidence through mutual respect and ongoing communication.
- Preferred: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Project Management Professional (PMP)
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
Preferred EducationMaster degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.