Security Operations Manager (Cyber Security)
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 684454BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 25/06/2019
- Manage and improve operational practices including overseeing service delivery for all aspects of the managed security services provider
- Ability to manage to annual budget, create financial plans and forecast increase or decrease in spend
- Drive Security Monitoring and reporting improvements
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to mentor, coach and recognize achievements
- Ability to handle multiple matters, re-prioritize as dictated by operational or security needs
- Work well under pressure
- Skilled at managing relationships and ability to drive results through others
- Possess comprehensive understanding of technical workflows
- Ability to find creative, simple solutions to complex problems and intrinsically curious about emerging trends in information security, processes and technologies
- Lead and manage all aspects of the outsourced Security Operations Center including weekly and monthly reporting, health and operational metrics and adherence to contractual SLAs
- Manage to annual budget and ability to forecast spend
- Revise and develop processes to strengthen the current Security Operations Framework, ensure alignment with TWDC security controls
- Responsible for vendor management, understand the overall use of resources and initiate any corrective action where required for the SOC
- Responsible for integration of security tools across TWDC ensuring the right security logs are feeding the SIEM
- Partner with Anomaly Detection, Incident Response and GIS Security Operations teams to ensure strong alignment with the SOC
- Drive the creation of reports, dashboards, metrics for SOC operations and presentation to Leadership
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors providing evidence and managing any remediation
- Foster the use of security best practices across the SOC, team members within Global Information Security, Business segments and technology solution providers
- Ensure all operational processes, run books and platform strategies are documented, exercised and continually improved
Required EducationRequired: BA/BS in business or computer science or bachelors and appropriate work experience
Preferred EducationDesired: Masters or other advanced degree preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.