Security Specialist, Compliance
Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 877107BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
Job Summary:The Global Information Security (GIS) group provides services and solutions to protect the value and use of Disney’s information through risk evaluation, collaboration, standardization, enforcement, and education across the enterprise. We protect the brand and reputation while enabling and supporting business objectives.
In order to ensure that our services keep secure, we follow an ongoing, iterative process, including continued reevaluation of our services over time to address emerging threats as well as changes in business and technology.
This process includes:
1. Analysis of known and emerging threats to determine risks against TWDC assets
2. Creation, maintenance, governance and communication of security policies and standards across TWDC
3. Assessment and audit of compliance against the security policies and standards
4. Assurance that TWDC assets are effectively managed and monitored to meet TWDC security criteria
Responsibilities:The Security Specialist-Compliance is primarily responsible for executing internal assessment processes for environments in scope for various compliance programs. The nature of the process is to work with security/compliance point of contacts throughout the enterprise to confirm assessment scope, prepare/execute assessment procedures and prepare necessary reporting for internal or external stakeholders.
The Security Specialist-Compliance will also:
- Review and enhance network systems and processes for compliance with external regulations and internal standards
- Proactively identify non-conforming areas and assesse risk
- Recommend and implement compliance measures
- Provide leadership on compliance issues to solve challenging security compliance problems
- Ensure documentation and reporting in support of analysis
- Stay current on evolving legislative / regulatory changes related to security compliance
- Identify needs for security assessment and facilitates the creation of repeatable and effective processes to fit the need
- Work with different controls and platforms and be well versed in common security controls
- Have thorough understanding of cross functional process development and expertise in managing the output and reporting of such processes
- Example: control assessment processes around administrative consent between productivity tools such as M365 and third party applications
- 2 years in an Information Security role accountable for assessing controls
- 1 year in an Information Security Compliance and/or Control Assessment role that would include developing and implementing control assessment processes
- Enterprise project/assessment management experience
- International Experience
- Associate’s Degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience
- Information Security Certification such as CISA, PCIP, QSA, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- CISSP certification preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.