Senior Analyst, Content Planning & AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 771846BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 13, 2021
Responsibilities:The Segment Content Planning & Analysis team drives analysis around the distribution of each of our content assets across Network, Content and Theatrical Sales, as well as DTC platforms in partnership with DTC CP&A. This team will inform the windowing strategy for content deployment across distribution platforms, optimizing the commercialization strategy of films and series across TWDC content brands. This role closely partners with stakeholders in platform distribution to provide support (including but not limited to) on availability decisions, forecasting, content specific deep dives and data analytics.
- Assist in preparing new business models / opportunities and participate in building business plans for key strategic initiatives
- Support business teams to evaluate and optimize current business models and optimize operational efficiencies
- Preparing sophisticated models for financial analysis to understand impact of deals on Disney and partner P&L used by senior leaders for deal negotiations
- Able to build tool prototypes for reports that create efficiencies and support insights; requires visualizing complex data sets and advanced excel formulas
- Partner closely with Data Science and Advanced Analytics team to leverage statistical results to inform business decisions
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize analysis and communicate findings to clients, equipping them with timely, relevant, and actionable insight to support short-term tactical and long-term strategic decision-making
- Translate business requirements for the internal database into technical requirements for the technology teams
- Manage and communicate results from box office forecasting model used in release date decision making by senior management; requires understanding of statistical concepts
- Conducting and interpreting analyses of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators
- Leveraging market research to inform analyses while tracking and compiling content comparables for future content investments
- 2-4 years of experience in finance, business planning or other quantitative field
- Highly analytical and be effective communicators who can also thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure environments
- Possess an intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity
- Motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively in collaborative and autonomous environments
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel skills.
- Keynote and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
- Effective at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
- Strong excel skills – leverage formulas including index/match, indirect, sumif, and embedded if statements; comfortable with finding new formulas to optimize models
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.