Senior Analyst, Content Planning & AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 952750BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Senior Analyst, Content Planning & Analysis will be responsible for analytically evaluating Disney+’s content portfolio investment and performance. This role will analyze windowing strategy scenarios for content deployment across distribution platforms. In addition, this role will require preparing valuation analyses on content greenlight, series renewals, projects in development and external acquisition / licensing arrangements. The role also involves the application of analytical methodologies and KPI tracking, for evaluating content investments.
The Content Planning & Analysis team collaborates closely with stakeholders from data analytics, finance, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment strategy, research and operational marketing and scheduling teams. The Content Planning & Analysis function reports into the DMED Finance organization and works closely with the DMED Strategy and Finance teams.
- Preparing valuation analyses to support creative executives in their decision-making process around Original content development for Disney+
- Creating analyses which inform windowing strategy for content deployment across distribution platforms (for both films and series)
- Helping manage the preparation of content strategy related presentations and underlying analyses, for executive decision makers at TWDC (DMED, DGE and Studios), with the aim of optimizing Disney+’s content portfolio to achieve the business’s growth objectives
- Conducting and interpreting analyses of content performance trends, generally using excel to clean, manipulate and interpret large sets of data
- Creating insightful presentations that summarize content analysis and presenting them to groups of Disney+ managers
- Tracking content performance and compiling content portfolio analyses for stakeholders who are engaged on future content investments and content marketing campaigns
- Partnering with regional CP&A teams on evaluating local originals and projecting performance in non-local markets
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel modeling skills and experience with application of formulas such as index match.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
- Fluency in building visualizations of complex data sets
- Candidates with PowerPoint and Google suite skills preferred
- Effective at writing, facilitating and presenting analyses
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.