Senior Analyst, Content Planning & AnalysisApply NowApply Later Job ID 985733BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Content Planning & Analysis team collaborates closely with stakeholders from Walt Disney Studios, and with Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution’s finance, strategy, data analytics, research, and operational marketing and scheduling teams. The Content Planning & Analysis function reports into the DMED Finance organization and works closely with the DMED Strategy and Finance teams.
- Conducting and interpreting analyses of content performance trends (generally using Excel to clean, manipulate and interpret large sets of data) and developing insights to influence future content decisions
- Creating analyses that inform windowing strategy for content deployment across distribution platforms (for both films and series)
- Leveraging market and consumer research to inform audience-driven analyses, which are in turn used to drive content slate strategy decisions for Disney+
- Compiling thoughtful post-hoc analyses to determine areas for optimization and improvement on past content investment decisions
- Helping manage the preparation of content performance presentations and underlying analyses for executive decision-makers at The Walt Disney Company (across DMED and Walt Disney Studios), with the aim of optimizing Disney+’s content portfolio to achieve the business’s growth objectives
- Creating insightful and clear presentations that summarize analyses about title expectations and performance, and insights on portfolio/brand/genre performance
- Analyze marketing data to inform future decisions around content marketing optimization, and to feed into to processes which drive overall content ROI for the business
- 2-4 years of experience in finance, business planning or other quantitative field
- Highly analytical and strong, effective communicators who can also thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure environments
- Possess intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity
- Must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively in collaborative and autonomous environments
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel modeling skills and experience with the application of formulas such as index match.
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and analysis.
- Fluency in building visualizations of complex data sets
- Candidates with PowerPoint and Google suite skills preferred
- Effective at writing, facilitating, and presenting analyses
- High EQ and professional maturity, with demonstrated ability to engage at an executive level
- Prior experience in Media/Entertainment is a plus, but not a prerequisite.
- 4-year degree in relevant field with strong academic performance.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.