Senior Analyst, Content Valuation & Analytics (Disney General Ent)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 985244BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Responsibilities:• Curate, manipulate, and synthesize large amounts of data to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in actionable insights;
• Routinely track and maintain content performance (such as Nielsen ratings, critical review scores, and industry awards) for network and cable primetime programs;
• Assist in performing searches of television content, via internal and external resources, and assessing the nature of its comparability for the project at hand;
• Assist in preparing content valuations for new, returning and library series made available on Disney’s direct-to-consumer services;
• Maintain, coordinate and submit quarterly deliverables such as content pricing to finance and content licensing stakeholders to facilitate quarterly close and financial planning requirements
Basic Qualifications:• Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, and proactive who is willing to pitch in wherever needed;
• Experience working under minimal supervision; ability to scope, identify, and execute value-added processes and process enhancements;
• Strong project management skills with the ability to track and establish objectives, manage multiple priorities, and pivot quickly based on immediate needs of the business;
• Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and partner across all levels of management;
• Experience with large data sets and analytical tools with a demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data;
• Attention to detail, accuracy, organization, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional work ethic and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment are essential;
• Desire to work with numbers, perform analysis and maintain accurate supporting documentation of work performed;
• Comfortable rationalizing and justifying decisions made and processes implemented, yet flexible with switching direction if conditions dictate;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), strong financial modelling skills required;
• Passion for the entertainment industry and television programming; content licensing experience is a plus.
Required Education• 4+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis, finance and/or 2+ years from a big 4 CPA firm;
• BA/BS in business, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative discipline;
About General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.