Senior Analyst, Content ValuationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10051395 Location Burbank, California, United States Business ABC Date posted Jul. 28, 2023
Disney Entertainment Television (DETV) is seeking a Senior Analyst, Content Valuation to help prepare valuations and deliver critical analytic insights for all DETV content. The Senior Analyst will play a critical role in supporting the Content Valuation & Analytics team in preparing data-driven analysis in support of content valuation efforts for the distribution of our large television content library in domestic and international markets across linear networks and DTC services Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+ and Hotstar. This team works closely with key stakeholders from business units such as: Legal, Labor Relations, Finance, Controllership and Global Content Sales. The successful candidate needs to be highly analytical, comfortable working with large data sets and have a proven record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment. This position is based in Burbank, CA.
- Prepare content valuations and quarterly close and financial planning deliverables for scripted and unscripted content licensed by Hulu and Disney+ globally;
- Consolidate quarterly regional content valuation submissions and identify key variance drivers and distill results into actionable insights for senior management;
- Assist in preparing long-range and budget planning deliverables, as needed; Serve as primary contact to key stakeholders at DTC Finance, Studio Finance and Controllership;
- Partner with finance stakeholders to identify and improve process efficiencies and quality of valuations;
- Curate and synthesize large amounts of data to draw conclusions and make recommendations resulting in actionable insights;
- Routinely track and maintain content performance (such as Nielsen ratings, critical review scores, and industry awards) for network and cable primetime programs;
- 4+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis, finance and/or 2+ years from a big 4 CPA firm;
- BA/BS in business, mathematics, economics, or other quantitative discipline;
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, and proactive who is willing to pitch in wherever needed;
- Experience working under minimal supervision; ability to scope, identify, and execute value-added processes and process enhancements;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to track and establish objectives, manage multiple priorities, and pivot quickly based on immediate needs of the business;
- Ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and partner across all levels of management;
- Experience with large data sets and analytical tools with a demonstrated ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data;
- Attention to detail, accuracy, organization, strong problem-solving skills, exceptional work ethic and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment are essential;
- Desire to work with numbers, perform analysis and maintain accurate supporting documentation of work performed;
- Comfortable rationalizing and justifying decisions made and processes implemented, yet flexible with switching direction if conditions dictate;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), strong financial modelling skills required;
- Required knowledge and application of pivot tables and advanced Excel formulas such as INDEX, MATCH, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, XLOOKUP, VSTACK, and Nested IF statements;
- Passion for the entertainment industry and television programming; content licensing experience is a plus.
The hiring range for this position in California is $90,490.00 - $124,410.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.