Senior Analyst, Corporate StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 983941BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Examples of work completed over the last several years include:
• Strategy: Disney and ESPN direct-to-consumer strategy
• Acquisitions: 21st Century Fox, BAMTech, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar
• Joint Ventures: Equity investment in Hulu, Combination of A&E and Lifetime
• Divestitures: Fox’s 22 Regional Sports Networks, Endemol Shine, FoxNext Games
Senior Analysts play a crucial role in evaluating and executing acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures, developing new business opportunities, and assisting in the development of the corporate strategic plan and selected business unit strategies.
The position entails building complex financial models to support company valuation and structuring, developing market and business performance forecasts, analyzing and synthesizing data from a variety of sources, and communicating information in coherent oral and written presentations for senior leadership.
Senior Analysts must employ excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills while building a rich base of knowledge within the media and entertainment industry. The position further requires multitasking across a multitude of projects with competing, urgent timelines while maintaining best-in-class professional excellence.
- Cultivate the critical thinking skills gained in strategy consulting, the M&A transaction and valuation skills learned in investment banking, and the ‘principal’ perspective attained in private equity
- Develop excellent quantitative, qualitative, and leadership skills while learning the nuances of the media and entertainment industry from a high caliber team of leading executives
- Set the stage for a successful career within or outside of Disney, as demonstrated by an excellent track record of prior team members achieving:
- Senior executive positions across the company
- Placement at leading investment management and media & entertainment firms
- Excellent record of academic and professional achievement
- Demonstrated analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- A team-oriented attitude and a willingness to mentor junior team members
- A passion for both business and media & entertainment
- 2+ years’ experience at a top tier investment bank, consulting firm, private equity, or comparable corporate strategy/development group within a major media and entertainment company
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.