Senior Analyst, Data AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10015081 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Music Group Date posted Aug. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Part of the Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment, Disney Music Group (DMG) is the music hub for TWDC, encompassing all aspects of music commercialization and marketing: recorded music (Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records), Disney Music Publishing, and Disney Concerts. DMG distributes music both physically and digitally, and also licenses music throughout the world in various forms of media including television, print, gaming, and consumer products.
The Senior Analyst is responsible for the Disney Music Group’s (DMG) data, reporting and quantitative research, and serves as the data analytics partner to cross-functional teams, providing insights to inform planning and decisions across the DMG business areas
To support these goals, the role will develop a deep understanding of user behaviors within music marketing, discovery, and consumptions channels
The right person for this role has a deep curiosity and aptitude in data with applied knowledge of measurement and statistics. The role will be expected to translate business questions into analytical and technical methodologies, driving results through analysis of large transaction level datasets. The role will need to communicate effectively, distilling insights into concise and compelling data-driven stories, and socialize broadly with audiences across levels and functions
- 3+ years data analytics experience
- Experience developing statistical models and analyses in an industry setting for business use cases. Applied knowledge of supervised and unsupervised learning techniques
- Expertise manipulating large, transaction level data sets and interpreting data trends from multiple disparate data sources
- Strong hands-on experience developing sophisticated analytical solutions using scripting tools (Python/R)
- Mastery in advanced SQL, large-scale data and numerical computing languages (PySpark)
- Experience data mining in distributed systems (Spark/Databricks)
- Proficient in data exploration and visualization tools (Tableau/Looker)
- Experience developing analytical software that scale analyses
- Experience working with media performance data
- Experience working with data in the entertainment industry
- Strong experience documenting data requirements, rules and, assumptions
- Experience communicating analytical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Passion for building clear, concise, and meaningful metrics
- Proven track record of leveraging data to deliver business value and presenting data-driven insights to business audiences
- Experience influencing and partnering with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong time management with ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and delivering results
- Keen interest in music and the music business
- Strong familiarity with music streaming services (Spotify, Apple, Amazon Music, YouTube), social media platforms (TikTok, FB/Instagram) and emerging technologies (digital assistants/voice)
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred in an analytical field including Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related quantitative field
About Disney Music Group:
The music is the soundtrack of our lives – from your favorite hits by popular artists to beloved tunes from films like Mary Poppins and Frozen. Find the music that rocks your world right here at the Disney Music Group (DMG), headquartered in Burbank and home to Hollywood Records, Walt Disney Records, Disney Music Publishing and Disney Concerts. DMG releases film and television soundtracks from the world’s biggest entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, the legendary Star Wars, ABC and Disney Channel, alongside pop, dance, family music and the catalog of classic rock band Queen. DMG is also an innovator in music distribution and live concerts. If music is your passion, come be a part of the team that brings it to ears all over the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hollywood Records, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Music Group.
Hollywood Records, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.