Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 627025BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 16, 2019
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Corporate Finance team is seeking a highly qualified candidate to provide financial, analytical and business expertise in managing the enterprise-wide cash flow forecast. This cash flow forecast is a key component of the Company’s overall forecasting package that is reviewed by senior management and the Board of Directors. The cash flow forecast is used to evaluate the Company’s liquidity needs, leverage ratios (Debt/EBITDA) and capacity to return capital to shareholders.
The methodology for forecasting enterprise-wide cash flows was developed in close collaboration with the Disney Decision Science & Integration (DDSI) team. The forecast is updated on a monthly basis by DDSI using the “direct method” which involves a statistical regression analysis of bank account and transaction inflows/outflows across the Company. The regression output is supplemented by “direct” inputs for other cash flow items (i.e., production spend, capital expenditures, etc.) which are provided directly by the segments to Corporate Finance.
This position requires a comprehensive understanding of the company’s lines of businesses, along with an ability to work closely with Corporate FP&A, the segments and DDSI in order to develop a well-reasoned cash flow forecast. The Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Cash Flow Forecasting and Analysis, will partner with CFP&A and the segments to understand business trends and any unusual items that may impact the forecast, and determine how best to incorporate this information into the forecast. The Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Cash Flow Forecasting and Analysis, will meet with DDSI on a regular basis to review and evaluate the regression model output, providing the relevant business perspective and suggestions for improvements to the model and topside adjustments as needed. In addition to the cash flow forecast, the Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Cash Flow Forecasting and Analysis will also have primary responsibility for forecasting the Company’s shares outstanding, a key driver of Earnings Per Share (EPS).
- Develop enterprise-wide cash flow forecast in alignment with, and in partnership with, Corporate FP&A on a quarterly and as-needed basis
- Collaborate with Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) to provide business and financial support / context to refine the operating cash flow forecast on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate and timely submissions during the quarterly forecast update cycle
- Establish and maintain regular communication with the segments to obtain and understand direct cash flow inputs and other cash flow trends, including any swing factors
- Determine causes of actual variance from forecast by working with Corporate Controllership, CFP&A, the segment teams, and DDSI
- Maintain regular communication with the Corporate Cash Management team to ensure new bank accounts are included and categorized appropriately in DDSI’s regression model
- Undertake ad hoc projects and analyses to improve the accuracy and efficacy of the cash flow forecasting process
- Produce and maintain quarterly forecast models for share count and option exercises, key inputs from Corporate Finance for the P&L and cash flow forecasts
- Prepare presentation materials for Senior Management and the Board related to the cash flow and shares forecast
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a forecasting and planning role
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational abilities / attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal /relationship building skills and team player
- Self-driven, independent thinker that thrives on taking initiative
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive forecast information
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier school is required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.