Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Analyst, Global Individual TaxApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636210BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 06, 2019
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The overall purpose of this position is to prepare cost estimates and various filings required when Disney sends employees on international assignments or when they require them to travel domestically in the US for business purposes. These filings relate to the individual tax liabilities that are incurred or may be incurred resulting from this travel/assignment. The position also supports filing of various withholding payroll taxes incurred by the corporations as a result of the global workforce.
Responsibilities:This position is responsible for working with Disney’s expatriate population, handling day-to-day expatriate tax questions or concerns from assignees. They will also
- Partner closely with various business units, Global Mobility, finance, and payroll teams
- Prepare and maintain quarterly hypothetical tax calculations as well as following up with assignees on tax settlement balances
- Calculate assignment tax costs for project budgeting purposes
- Complete international monthly payroll reporting, as well as annual year-end payroll review and preparing annual payroll summaries
- Correspond with assignees on various tax matters and following-up with assignees on tax settlement balances
- Estimate US federal and state liabilities and processing tax payments
- Other projects as assigned
- 2-4 years of Expatriate tax experience in large corporation or similar experience in a large accounting firm with focus on expatriate tax or individual income tax
- Good understanding of accounting and operating processes relevant to expatriate taxation
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external and internal partners. A resource integrator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with senior management and staff. Ability to listen for understanding.
- Self-starter that takes a hands-on approach.
- Ability to make decisions on routine issues. Understand of when to escalate issues for approval.
- Superior Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.