Senior Analyst - Research (Disney Television Studios/ABC)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 791595BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted May 10, 2021
- Managing research projects from inception to completion, including development of methodology, project goals, questionnaire development, programming, deployment, analysis and presentation/story development
- Designing and building final reports that bring the relevant insights and stories to life and turn consumer insights into actionable recommendations; presenting findings to key stakeholders
- Conducting research for both current and potential series across primetime, daytime and late night. Projects will include concept and title studies, pilot testing, comprehensive in-season and post-season viewer feedback, weekly awareness tracking, and ad/promo testing
- Creating and updating normative databases on an ongoing basis using a variety of datasets
- Managing expectations of internal clients and external suppliers with regards to timelines and deliverables
- Collaborating with other research groups in order to report a full picture view of show and network performance
- Performing other related tasks and/or special projects as assigned
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate should possess the following skills/attributes:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to synthesize complex ideas and data sets into holistic stories
- Advanced computer skills, especially comfortable with PowerPoint and Excel; SPSS experience a plus
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and juggle multiple projects at once
- Familiarity with ABC Network and Disney Television Studios series
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Respectful, friendly and approachable with a positive outlook and attitude
- A team player who is willing to pitch in across different teams when needed
- A minimum of two years experience with qualitative and quantitative primary research testing (including internships) at a media/entertainment company, market research agency, or brand consultancy.
- Bachelor’s degree required; coursework in Statistics, Psychology, Marketing and English preferred
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.