Senior Analyst, Social Measurement & Intelligence ABCEApply NowApply Later Job ID 10055921 Location Burbank, California, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 01, 2023
Disney Entertainment Television’s ABC/Freeform/DBT Brand & Content Insights department oversees brand, content, social media, and strategy research projects for ABC, Freeform, and Disney Branded Television. They conduct qualitative and quantitative research with entertainment consumers and monitor fan-driven and network-driven activity on social media to inform and impact other departments across the division, including Development, Programming, Marketing, and Strategy.
Disney Entertainment Television is seeking an experienced Senior Analyst, Social Measurement & Intelligence to join its Brand & Content Insights team. As a Senior Analyst, Social Measurement & Intelligence, you will use a suite of best-in-class social media analytics tools to synthesize and present actionable data-driven insights that inform critical Marketing, Programming, and Development decisions for some of the best brands on television!
- Monitor owned campaign performance across DET-managed and competitive social media pages using a suite of leading social measurement tools.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reports that translate content performance into actionable insights that inform future social content and marketing strategies.
- Develop and establish performance and measurement benchmarks and standardized reporting methodologies.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand business objectives and add value where possible.
- Collaborate with other Research partners to build cohesive 360-degree snapshots of our brands and content.
- 3 + years’ relevant social media measurement and reporting experience required.
- 3+ years hands on experience tracking owned, paid, and competitive performance in social media management platforms (e.g. Sprinklr, Khoros), cross-channel aggregators (e.g. ListenFirst, Shareablee), and native analytics offerings (e.g. Meta Business Suite, YouTube Studio).
- Outstanding research and analytical skills; Ability to identify trends and glean insights from disparate data sources and communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Strong intellectual curiosity; an independent thinker who will work to validate findings and interpret outliers rather than accepting all reported metrics at face value.
- A proactive self-starter who can anticipate needs and keep projects moving forward independently.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Superior written communication skills as the data translation will be required in multiple formats.
- Passionate about Social Insights, Television, Marketing, Emerging Media, and Technology.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office applications required.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Live within a commutable distance to the office in Burbank CA.
- Experience with industry-specific social monitoring tools such as Talkwalker Social Content Ratings and Canvs TV.
- Experience creating data visualizations in Tableau.
- A mix of agency, vendor, and client-side social media insights experience.
- Experience in the TV / media / entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Research, Marketing, or a related field.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $75,200.00 to $103,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.