Senior Android Software Engineer
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 752086BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 06, 2020
Job Summary:The Senior Software Engineer will collaborate with the Client Engineering Team to develop, test, and deploy desktop, mobile and streaming device applications that give millions of viewers access to sports, entertainment, and children content.
The environment is fast-paced and the goals are demanding, but the projects are unique, the work is rewarding, and the team likes to have fun. Our ideal candidate is creative, energetic, deeply knowledgeable about the latest mobile and video technologies, and has a passion for demonstrating skill, precision, and quality in his/her work.
- Work with a team to design and implement applications for desktop, mobile and streaming media devices
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code, whether implementing architectural improvements, user-facing features, or fixing defects
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered across our various platforms
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency, reliability and performance
- Understand product architecture, assisting the Software Architects as necessary
- Manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Work with minimal technical supervision and supplemental engineering support
- Embrace a highly collaborative team that rewards quality code and effective communication
- Operate as a resource to less experienced Software Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing
- Mentor Associate Software Engineers and Software Engineers
- Stay current with the latest development best practices
- Lead design and code reviews
- Provide a focus on repeatable processes and process improvement
- Minimum of 5 years of developing object-oriented software and applications for Android
- Deep understanding of modern Android development, including Kotlin
- Excellent communicator, collaborative across teams
- Experience with unit test frameworks, continuous integration systems and documentation of engineering solutions
- Experience with test-driven development, test automation, continuous delivery methodology.
- Experience with streaming technologies, components and toolsets (Exoplayer, Widevine DRM, etc.) is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.