Senior Application Support Analyst - SAP Logistics
Burbank, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 740462BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 22, 2020
Job Summary:At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
This role is part of the Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) organization. Our mission is to provide business technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
The Application Support and Operations group is part of the EBS organization. We are responsible for excellence in operating business systems and processes in support of the enterprise. We lead with a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and automation.
Responsibilities:Within EBS this role will provide Application Support services relating to a specific collection of value chains within the Source to Pay (STP). The role will work within the EBS Application Support Community that exists to drive consistency and excellence of the support services across EBS. The ideal candidate with have deep functional expertise coupled with an application support experience. Specifically this role will work with users, partners and senior business stakeholders for a particular group of value chains within EBS. The groups are:
- Source to Pay
- Act as the application subject matter expert, working with clients and stakeholders to both address issues and recommend/implement enhancements
- Investigate and resolve production related issues in a timely manner from end user (UI) to persistence layer
- Identify and mitigate risks to the service delivery and proactively address and resolve issues before they impact service levels
- Participate in the technical recovery of major system outages, interfacing with numerous stakeholders including external vendors or outsourced service delivery teams
- Develop and maintain application documentation to help ensure that support can be efficiently performed and the impact of future requests can be assessed
- Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement initiatives, including application performance management
- Participate in on-call schedule or rotations (where applicable)
- Oversee vendor/partners in the timely resolution of incidents/problems/requests, ensuring service level and quality targets are met.
- Gather requirements for minor enhancements and oversee the resultant product from the vendors
- Participate in testing as required by the test strategy
- Drive the adoption of agile development methodologies, focusing on improving the velocity and quality of delivered work products through DevOps practices and automated testing
- Partner with the application security team on the implementation of “security by design,” ensuring that all solutions meet security standards
- Participate in periodic problem analysis meetings and post implementation reviews to document learnings and ensure the continuous improvement of the IT services
- A self-starter, who can effectively navigate a complex organizational structure, achieving results through
- influence and collaboration.
- Ability to establish executive level relationships across the various business and technology executives within TWDC, from EVP downwards.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrix environment with other departments, groups and staff with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced. Comfortable influencing to achieve desired outcomes.
- A person that can decide and act without having the total picture and is comfortable handling risk and uncertainty.
- Deep domain and technical expertise will be essential, as delivery will be accomplished in a matrixed environment of internal and external partners, and suppliers.
- Equally comfortable with executives, manager-level stakeholders, architects and developers--this is a hands-on position with regards to people and detail.
- Practical knowledge and applied experience related to development principles.
- A practitioner of the Service Management principles and can effectively proceed through review boards and other SM activities.
- Business acumen, with deep expertise in the allocated domain(s) as well as strong skills in the technology that supports the domain(s)
- Deep Service Management expertise, working within a support community/Center of Excellence
- Experience managing outsourced vendors, including, but not limited to, agile software development, testing, SLA management, and incident/problem management
- Participation in formal change management processes
- Experience working within an agile framework
- Very detail oriented
- High emotional intelligence
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Experience with application monitoring technologies; New Relic, DataDog, Synthetic Transactions
- Wide experience with a variety of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies across waterfall and agile
- Exemplary communications skills
- Current understanding of new/emerging technology and its application in business
- 5 years in a support role in a Corporate environment of a similar size/complexity
- 3+ years in application development with relevant technologies
- Demonstrable deep experience of the Value Chains relevant to the post, including functional expertise and complex problem solving
- Experience with working with (a majority of) our portfolio of applications for the value chains relevant to the post
- ITIL Foundations
- 3 years working in a DevOps environment
- Demonstrable experience with secure development practices
- 3+ years working in agile software development
- SAP Logistics
- SAP Sales order processing
- SAP Ariba
- SAP Sourcing Platform
- Other Sourcing Platform like Coupa is plus
- ServiceNow expertise is desirable
- ITIL Practitioner/Intermediate
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.