Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior AuditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 614443BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 30, 2018
Job Summary:Supports the execution of all domestic distribution audits. Works directly with external auditing law firm Sargoy, Stein, Rosen and Shapiro. Works directly with sales team and exhibitors to resolve any discussions regarding external audits. Interfaces with WDSMP salespeople and Cash Department to ensure proper application and collection of monies from all audits. Communicates status of audits, negotiations and strategy to upper management. Actively assists in settling audit claims.
- Executes the day-to-day activities of audit engagements for the domestic business unit
- Actively assists in settling audit claims
- Establishes and maintains audit timelines for top 20 exhibitors
- Gives management a weekly update of status of all ongoing audits
- Provides a monthly audit status update to senior management
- Supports all interactions, data requests, payment notifications, audit preparation and communication for Sargoy, Stein, Rosen and Shapiro
- Aids in negotiation with circuits under audit
- Facilitates in-house automated audit analysis, billing and collection
- Analyze and format data for in-house audits
- Prepares and presents results of audits at weekly and monthly meetings
- Prepares forecasts and schedule of audits
- Serves as liaison with in-house legal and distribution management team
- Communicate with support staff to identify and gather information for in house audits
- Excellent math and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Applies strong interpersonal skills in daily work activities
- Multi-tasks by switching smoothly from one project or task to another.
- Expresses written or verbal ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing and organized way
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and SAP
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
- Collaborates across functions and finds common ground with various groups and individuals.
- Analyzes problems effectively and takes action to resolve issues
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
- 2 years’ experience at a top 10 accounting firm as an auditor or corporate, payroll, or tax accountant
- Experience with a motion picture studio or theatre chain is a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other business field of study
- Passed CPA exam
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.